Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ravinia Festival Park: Freehling Room Remodel




Ravinia Festival Park Freehling Room is a private dining restaurant on the lush grounds of Ravinia Park, located in Highland Park, IL. I did this project while at Simeone Deary Design Group. The goal of this project was to take the existing prairie style of architecture that the space was built in and update it to draw in a younger crowd. However, there were some elements that had to stay, such as the wall stain glass light fixtures and the stain glass pendant fixtures in the ceiling. I had to discover a way to anchor the fixtures and their pattern to the space, I did this by using a wall stencil that I created by researching prairie style design and architecture. In the end I created a well balanced space that pays respect to it's original style of architecture while adding a layer of contemporary sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment